Thousand Oaks, CA, January 29, 2024
Zesto Audio is proud to announce the launch of the new Andros Spirit Phonostage and to be one of the only manufacturers to offer a 100% all-tube analog phonostage at this price point. You will receive the same quality and sonic excellence that you would expect from any Zesto product, hence the name Andros Spirit.
Zesto Audio has a long history of producing award-winning Phonostages since the company launched the original Andros PS1 Phonostage in 2010. George Counnas, Founder, and Chief Design Engineer of Zesto Audio says, “I designed the Spirit so it would retain only the essential features of its predecessors, while still offering the Zesto Audio signature sound.” George admits how challenging it is to design a high-quality product that sounds good at a lower price point.”
New line – New Enclosure Design
The new full-size 17″ x 12″ enclosure design represents the new Spirit line of products in development at Zesto Audio. The Spirit is made with 16-gauge steel for better grounding to help isolate the electronic “chatter” from nearby equipment. Carolyn Counnas, VP, and Industrial Designer for Zesto Audio says, “I wanted our customers to feel they had been personally invited into the inner sanctum of tube electronics, solder joints and all. I get mesmerized by the LED illuminated tubes which bring an added sensual experience to your listening pleasure.”
Unique Safety Feature
The Spirit has a unique component called a safety switch. George says, “I was inspired by the old Telefunken Radios back in the 50s and 60s that used a safety switch to discharge the high voltage. I included this feature for your added safety when changing tubes.”
Key Features of the new Spirit
- Available in 2 versions MM only or MM/MC
- Standard MM unit is easily upgradeable to MM/MC
- 100% Analog tube circuitry without any solid-state devices in the signal path, because tubes are inherently more musical.
- The tube complement is a quad of 12AX7s, which provides sufficient gain with minimal noise.
- Safety switch to discharge the high voltage for your added safety when changing tubes.
- Robust, built-in ESP toroidal power supply for better dynamic range and lower noise.
- The high-quality built-in MC step-up transformers are designed for better phase linearity. This translates to better stereo imaging.
- Three of the most popular loading positions are 100, 250 & 500 so you can dial in the best match for your cartridge. Easily adjustable MC “Load on the fly” without clicks or pops so you can hear the change.
- All MC loading is on the secondary of the MC step-up transformer. This allows all the delicate signal from the cartridge to pass through to the main circuits for the most musical detail.
- Dual mono circuit which creates better stereo separation
- All switches and knobs are easily accessible, with nothing hidden inside to adjust.
- Full size 17″ x 12″ elegantly designed 16-gauge steel enclosure for better grounding and to help isolate the electronic “chatter” from nearby equipment.
- Illuminated tubes for a more sensual musical experience.
- Each unit is hand built “Made in the USA.”
- 50-hour factory burn-in on all circuits and vacuum tubes.
Please visit our website for detailed product specifications.
Pricing for the Andros Spirit Phonostage:
MM version retails for US $2,997.
MM/MC version retails for US $3,997.
Shipping, customs, duty and taxes are additional.
All Zesto Audio products are sold through authorized dealers.
FYI, Andros is a Greek island and the home of George’s grandmother’s family. Andros is the name of the Zesto Audio’s phonostage family.
George Counnas is the founder, president, and design engineer for Zesto Audio. He has loved music all his life and went from a musician, to an electronics engineer, to an audio engineer. As a young man in England, he worked for DECCA Navigator (now Raytheon), at the time Britain’s largest electronics company, as part of the research and development team designing airborne navigational systems for the Royal Air Force. George brings to Zesto Audio the unique set of talents of not only designing, creating, and manufacturing the highest build quality of high-end electronic equipment, but also as an audio engineer, he knows how great music should sound.
Zesto Audio was established in 2010 in Thousand Oaks, California. Zesto Audio is a manufacturer of fine analog audio electronics, specializing in modern vacuum tube technology for the 21st century listener. Their award winning products include the Andros II, Andros Deluxe II and the Andros Tèssera Reference Phonostages, the Andros Allasso Step Up Transformer, the Leto Ultra II Line Amp, the Bia 200 Select Stereo Power Amp, and the Eros 500 Monoblocks.
All Zesto Audio products are “Made in the USA”